RaceSimLegends.eu » Grand Prix Legends » Renngeschichte(n) » MJ Fix Test Results and Drivers Statements Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MJ Fix Test Results and Drivers Statements
Wolfgang Buthe Offline
GPL Admin

MJ Fix Test Results and Drivers Statements
RSL Historic F1 Championship 2007
Fix Test Montjuich

After the desaster of Montjuich on Oct 24th when nearly all drivers had a freeze, the Montjuich track team around Paul Skingley made a fix for this terrific GPL racetrack.
Today we had a testrace with the new fixed track graphics and all test drivers are asked to talk about their experiences.
First good news , it seems that we have a significant improvement, but not all drivers could finish the testrace.
What happened to them?
Furthermore we had a nice race with the exciting GPL cars of the '69 season. If You like, please also report about the racing action in Montjuich .
14.11.2007 23:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jeroen Goedhart Offline
Factory Driver

RE: MJ Fix Test Results and Drivers Statements
practice:

with 5 mins to go, and 1.24.7 on the timesheet i decided not to push anymore. Paul K had a 1.25.6 almost 1 second down compared to my time. Therefore i wanted to get used to the higher fuelload. Suprisingly he beat me in the last few minutes. Last monday Paul was driving ferrari, so i thought he needed a bit more time to get aquinted to his matra again.
Wolfgang was not far behind, so we alligned all 3 on the grid.

Race:

I had a clean start and decided not psuhing too hard. Paul had a clean start, but in lap 2 i managed to overtake him . After that Paul tried to force me in an error,cause he was muich faster in the begin , but i knew that there is only one pass opportunity which is in the first corner after start finish. Although very tricky it is possible to overtake there if you can slipstream enough.
Paul tried to do that, but sadly he did hit me, and i lost 5 places. HC spun in the same corner cause he had nowhere to go once i got spun. So i had to start to chase the other fellow drivers. Lap after lap i managed to overtake others in a clean way.
I had some though but very fair battles with wolfgang who had a suprisingly pace in his ferrari. In the first few laps everybody was very close together. It took me about 10 laps to get behind paul again, and in lap 14 i overtook paul in the first corner while having a better exit from the previous corners. It was a very nice fight. WE had a fearce battle. Sometimes we did hit each other, but it was a fair battle all the time. Paul tried to pass a few times in the first corner, but i kept the inside , so there was no way that he could pass.
Tommy was very fast as well. He was 3rd quite a long time. He only came close when i made some small errors.
At some point Paul was suddenly gone, so the pressure was gone.
I noticed that all drivers who did get a blue flag gave enough room for the faster drivers. Well done!
Congratulations to all finishers! 40 laps was very hard, but the passed on very very fast.
I am stunned by the real drivers who managed to avoid the guardrail for about 40 laps. This track is even harder then monaco.

Looking forward to the next test at RSL

btw....

no real fps problems, or stutters. The track was clean and smooth.
System: p4 , 6400 dual core, sapphire ati radeon 1950pro.
omega drivers.

cheers

Jeroen
15.11.2007 09:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cadavre Offline
Rookie Driver

Hi folks :)

I had a breathtaking race, starting with a deceiving 1:25... in 4th pos on the grid, for several reasons : new steering linearity setting in GPL (not tested before qualifying session) plus a minor tweak to the suspension, and over all a lack of zen spirit due to  external reasons...
When I add the many small lags (plus a couple of big ones) due to graphics, sounds or connection I've no way to tell, I had very difficult racing conditions.
I had a serie of incidents, some due to me, some not, involving another car or all alone hitting a rail or spinning, plus overheating tyres.  I finally could reach the finish line in a severly damaged car
in 6th pos, one lap behind the leader, which I find lucky compared to my poor performances last night...
Besides that, I could have great moments with several pilots, whatever overtaking or beeing overtaken.  I agree with Jeroen : Montjuich is tougher that Monaco :)
No straight line : no time to smoke a cig or drink coffee on this track zwinker

System :
Win XP SP2
ASUS Motherboard (VIA chipset), AMD 64 cpu, 1GB RAM
VIDEO : GeForce 6600GT, 256MB RAM, DDR3, original driver
SOUND : Hercules MUSE Lt 4.1, original driver
graph. options in GPL : 800*600, deactivated : horizon, clouds, spectators, and all effects except braking trails.

A big Anbeten to Paul Sinkgley & co for the fix supi
(This post was last modified: 16.11.2007 15:48 PM by Cadavre.)
15.11.2007 16:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J_Verschueren Offline
Applicant

I promised I'd post, so here goes:

I have no coherent recollection of the race as I'm not familiar with the drivers in this series and my main objective was to put in laps and help test the fix.

I had two freezes last night. One happened during qualifying while I was at the weekend screen. I don't know exactly what happened because I wasn't in the room when it froze (had gotten up to get a drink).

The second happened 4 laps from the end at Guardia Urbana. To me it seems freezes happen when I'm oversteering into or in the middle of the corner, so when the car is pointing more into the corner than it normally does, but is not actually spinning out. I don't know if that helps or not.

Also: turning off detail or textures in mirrors only causes freezes for me at this track.

Anyway, doing 18 laps without trouble twice and then almost 40 is a lot better than it used to be, where running at Montjuic was simply a waste of time and a source of frustration for me.

Thank you Paul and friends...

Specs:

WinXP SP2, DirectX 9c
MSI motherboard (VIA chipset) w/ integrated LAN adapter (VIA Rhine chipset).
Athlon XP2800 processor, 1GB RAM
Radeon9800Pro (the fastest card the motherboard supports).
Hercules MuseLt 4.1 soundcard (2D sound mode)
Internet via cable modem (256kb up/8192kb down)
GPL options 1280x1024 (changing resolution has no effect on framerate/stutters), with horizon(*), clouds and spectators turned off (forward view and mirrors).
With the "CARS67" carset the track is now fluid for me except for two hesitations at Vias which get worse if there are other cars around (caused me to lose control once in the race last night).

I'm pretty sure I have the most recent drivers for everything, except maybe the videocard (listed below).

Driver Packaging Version 8.351-070302a1-045035C-ATI
CATALYST™ Version 07.3
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 6.14.10.6677
2D Driver File Path System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{AF8E76D9-E972-4825-8E0D-5FB66954FEDD}\0000
Direct3D Version 6.14.10.0487
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.6388
CATALYST™ Control Center Version 1.0.1790.814

(*)Rem: I think this is what Cad means when he talks about "sky" (his GPL is in French).
(This post was last modified: 15.11.2007 21:15 PM by J_Verschueren.)
15.11.2007 21:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply