RaceSimLegends.eu » Grand Prix Legends » RSL Historic F1 Championship » Information » 2. Lauf RSL Historic F1 Championship 2008 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2. Lauf RSL Historic F1 Championship 2008
Wolfgang Buthe Offline
GPL Admin

RE: 2. Lauf RSL Historic F1 Championship 2008
paul skingley Wrote:I was really pissed about being taken out on lap 1 of a 50 lap race.
I know Stu did not do it deliberately but it was a really stupid mistake on his part.

Not happy

paul

I like the way Stu handles a car Anbeten, but this was too much risk at a much too early part of the race. Donot
Many of us are familiar with shorter races where You have to push every second. The conception of the RSL races is another.
Holding high speeds over long distances without overpushing was the task of real drivers to stay alive and finish races.
Having a strategie, looking for the opponents abilities around the circuit and passing in the right moment with the chance that both stay on the track is the real deal.
We had so many races over 60% GP length that where very exciting and drivers had a chance to come back into the points even if they made mistakes. This wouldn't be possible in shorter races.
Think about Clark at Monza 1967 ...
But with the new 66 Mod there is very much to learn for us.
I also had a silly accident with Jeroen at Hockenheim and this had a lot to do with the new slipstream and other things I couldn't manage.
I hope the concept of our races will force all drivers to a smoother racing strategy. It will also lead to very fast and exciting races. Look at GPL Rank and the tracks we raced in the past. Normally there are more than one or two drivers of us among the fastest 10 drivers worldwide.
Jeroen's fastest race lap tonight was 1:40,456min, fastest race lap so far for '66 cars worldwide (in a 2 Ltr car !!!). And I had a 1:40,3xx in Monday's practice, what is the current WR.

This is a fast league, but I would like to ask everyone to take part in our races with a cool attitude.

And I'm sure we will have great races and from race to race more drivers with extraordinary driving skills.

Wolfgang.

"Man spürt es, wenn man nach langer Fahrt von der Landstraße abbiegt und den schwarzen Asphalt des Ringes unter den Reifen hat; da ist irgend etwas anders !"

Wolfgang Graf Berghe von Trips
14.02.2008 00:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2. Lauf RSL Historic F1 Championship 2008 - Wolfgang Buthe - 14.02.2008 00:04 AM