RaceSimLegends.eu » Grand Prix Legends » Renngeschichte(n) » RSL F1C 2008 - results and press conference Zeltweg Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RSL F1C 2008 - results and press conference Zeltweg
Wolfgang Buthe Offline
GPL Admin

RE: RSL F1C 2008 - results and press conference Zeltweg
Only the first few laps where exciting for me in this race. I could'nt manage a good lap in the qualifying and had to start from pos 4 .
The start wasn't bad but two opponents passed me in the first section of the track. My intention was to drive very carefull, because I ruined my race in Hockenheim by a single, silly action in the first laps.
This time I wanted to stay close to the leading cars with the chance to
beat them on the long distance.
After some trouble in lap 2 I closed the gap to Michi, who was in the second place, but wasn't able to pass the Cosworth powered car. Uwe got more and more distance on pos 1 and I decided to attack Michi in turn 2 because I thought I could go faster ahead of him. I should have been more patient because the Ford engine of Michi exhausted it's life a half lap later.
Now I had to follow Uwe with a gap of more than 20 secs and my only wish was he had to refuel during the race.
Uwe's speed was great and constant and this brought him the deserved victory. Anbeten

Cya in Road Atlanta ( in my mirror harhar )

Wolfgang.

"Man spürt es, wenn man nach langer Fahrt von der Landstraße abbiegt und den schwarzen Asphalt des Ringes unter den Reifen hat; da ist irgend etwas anders !"

Wolfgang Graf Berghe von Trips
29.02.2008 00:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ACHIM KRAFT Offline
Factory Driver

Hi all !

My short race-report will follow in german language. Most of my comments are not for the race, more from the disconnect from the server after 6 laps.

Training goes well. My plan, qualify with very slow time to start from the end of the field was bad. So i start from pos. 5 in the race. After some mistakes by me i had a disco from the server at the end of round 5. In between i had nice driving with the BRM and some slower drivers after spinnings.

The rest in german:
DSICO in Runde 5:
Diesmal war es nicht die übliche IP-Wechselei meines Providers. Der Disco gestaltete sich sehr seltsam diesmal. Erst verschwanden alle Konkurrenten, die Verbindung blieb aber laut "show-meter" bestehen. Keine unübliche Latenz, kein Qualitätsverlust des Signales (sonst sofort als Zeichen des IP-Wechsels zu sehen, wie der Balken unaufhörlich bis zum Rauswurf ansteigt). Ein Vergleich meines lokalen und des Server-Replays zeigt: 40 Sekunden ohne Signale von anderen Rennteilnehmern und ohne Signale von mir an den Server noch die Runde 5 fertig gefahren, die Ziellinie auch noch überquert und noch T1 genommen, erst dann erfolgte die Trennung von Server.

Sei's drum, ich war ja auch nur als "Gastfahrer" unterwegs. Ich werde es verschmerzen können, da ich die Saison an den gesamten 66er Rennen nicht teilnehmen werde und somit eine Ganzjahreswertung in 2008 sowieso nicht von Belang ist.

Zum nächsten Rennen mit den 65ern in Clermont werde ich trotz meines Geburtstages am 03.09.2008 gerne wieder antreten.

Bis dahin ....

Grüße

Achim

P.S.: Ich habe hoffentlich Niemanden bei meinem kurzen Gastspiel bis zum Disco ernsthaft behindert.

GPL FOREVER
LOTUS FOREVER

Memberships:
http://www.gplracer.eu/
http://www.racesimlegends.eu/
29.02.2008 13:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frank Müller Offline
GTP Moderator

Im Gegensatz zu Uwe:
Letzter im Training, letzter auf der Strecke beim Zieleinlauf harhar

Frank
29.02.2008 20:44 PM
Nicky Ickx Offline
Learner Driver

congratulation to the podium ones !!!!!

wie ich vor dem Rennen im chatroom schon sagte : mehr als einfaches Mitfahren war noch nicht wieder drin , wegen der vortägigen Grippe. aber ich hatte auf alle Fälle jede Menge Spaß. die Strecke ist sehr schön zum racen und mal wieder einen Boliden mit wings zu fahren war auch echt Klasse.
Freue mich schon auf das nächste Rennen hier.
(This post was last modified: 02.03.2008 10:45 AM by Nicky Ickx.)
02.03.2008 10:44 AM