RaceSimLegends.eu » NR2003/GTR2 & Mods » Renngeschichte(n) » Press conference & driver interviews - Le Mans Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press conference & driver interviews - Le Mans
Canadien Offline
System-Admin

Press conference & driver interviews - Le Mans
RSL American Le Mans Series 2007
Le Mans

A nice grid of 12 cars went on a distance of 20 laps around the Le Mans circuit, but not everyone made it to the finish line. Maybe the participating drivers can shed some light on incidents that occurred during the race right here...

Results | Server-Replay
25.06.2007 01:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EsbenT Offline
Learner Driver

RE: Press conference & driver interviews - Le Mans
D'oh! Looks like I didn't get the fastest lap after all. Oh well, it's the end result that matters Toungue

My full report is here supi
25.06.2007 07:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stefan Roess Offline
Factory Driver

:jo:Grats to Esben Tipple, Antoine de Mautor, JP Campmajo!

Great race guys and amazing lap times. Anbeten

I missed the start and had to start from the pits way after the field. Managed to catch up, but had 3-4 spins and 1 crash where I was sent off into the gravel. Will check the replay who didn`t see me.
I really enjoyed this race, although I could have performed much better. It is really great to race with more than 10 people. Much more fun than with only a handfull of people, especially at long tracks like Le Mans.

Cu @ the next GTP race
Stefan

WinkenSchlaf

www.GPLworld.de - GPL & more!

www.GPLRacer.eu - GPL Mods Online Racing League
(This post was last modified: 25.06.2007 08:19 AM by Stefan Roess.)
25.06.2007 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uwe Herrling Offline

Peeew,

Grats to Esben, Antoine et JP!! Dont know yet how you do these crazy laps, great! supi

For me that was one of my shortest and worst races ever, but interesting harhar

After entering the server too late due to an unplanned system reboot, i first wanted to calibrate my wheel, which froze my Options screen (no reactions, no "continue" button) for about 2 Minutes - that was the time of your first quali. After the quali restart (which came in handy, but I swear it was not me! grinz ) I made a 3:42 or something - that was bad, even for me, but at least with Uli I had someone to race against - I thought.

The end started right at the start, when all of a sudden my cockpit view scrumbled, the wheel on screen turned into a strange thing that resembled some sort of joystick (really!), the dashboard a yellowish pipe, and I could see the tarmac through the floor (is there a helicopter cheat view in GTP??? Big Grin).
The car still went allright, and I could see the others, but the interior kept switching between this strange and normal look at an unpredictable rate, really irritating!
As a result I missed the first chicane - or I'd better say: I hit it squarely harhar
That was it for me. Hope you had a nice race (will watch the replay tonight).

Would be glad to see you all next time! smile

Grüße
Uwe
(This post was last modified: 25.06.2007 09:58 AM by Uwe Herrling.)
25.06.2007 08:23 AM
Jeroen Goedhart Offline
Factory Driver

Wow, what a race.

Grats to the podium!

i installed gtp yesterday, for not driving it since last years GTP at RSL , so in the begin i wasnt even able to complete a full lap without spinning.
I downloaded a few setups and worked with them, and finally in the happy hour before the race i was able to get a decent setup.
Therefore i could not complete my qualifying laps cause i spinned twice in them.

Not surprisingly i started at the the back of the field.
Cause of the stable setup i was able to push right at the start. Sadly i hit someone ( think it was Stefan ) before the start. Sorry for that.

I overtook quite a lot of cars at the begin till the gap to nr.4 at that time was quiet big. It took me 5 laps to overtake JP Campmajo. Menwhile i had to pit as well.The battle with him was very fair, and i really enjoyed it. However i lost my 3rd position 3 laps later and went a little bit wide.
I could gain on him again, but made too many misstakes at the end. A 2nd pitstop had to be done as well, and i spend too much time in the pits, cause i did not pitted correctly. After a flipover i decided not to push anymore and bring the car home. After all p4 is not the worst result ;)

im looking forward to the next race, cause i am starting to get the hang of it ;)
25.06.2007 09:31 AM
Antoine de Mautor Offline
Rookie Driver

hihihi, I got the fastest lap under 3.30, dunno how I did that! Maybe with Esben's slipstream! My full report is on page 6 of the race's topic ;)
See you soon for a fun race I hope! :)
25.06.2007 12:15 PM
Uli Pilz-Volmerding Offline
Factory Driver

Great fun driving GTP with some nice guys ;). And thanks to Esben, Antoine, JP and Remco, whom I hope to call no longer guests but participants in the next races. Grats, boys, incredible speed and nice performance. And Jeroen, amazing what you did almost without training (not to talk ´bout Gernot Rofl)
Drove around the track almost alone, only watching the leaderboard. Micha was in reach for some time, especially after our first pitstops - mine was too bad muffel. But later on there was lots of space in front of and behind me. But I made no serious mistake, that is success enough for me.

Hope to see you all next time

Uli
25.06.2007 14:08 PM
Frank Müller Offline
GTP Moderator

Grats to the podium and all started drivers!!!supisupisupi

Also many thanks to you (without watching the replay jet) for driving fairly.
Only the beginning of the race was sometimes a little bit to hard driven with cold tires! I think some accidents were not nessary in this moment of the race.

My own race was really funny. The Mazda is not the fastest and i need a understeereing car in the race. Anyway i had 3 pitstops for fuel and repair. every stint a spin and every lap one or to or three or more mistakes.
I see that olympic: to be there is all zwinker

So i hope we will see us at the next race and maybe some new friends too.

I hope all of you can read my 30 years old english shy

Frank
25.06.2007 16:21 PM
Frank Müller Offline
GTP Moderator

After watching the replay:
phantasic race with phantasic racers.
In the lap were only one accident with 2 cars (uwe spon allone) a normal race accident.
all other i saw were no unfair actions. congratulation to all gentlemen drivers.
maybe i have not seen anything, please feel free to mail me.

Frank
25.06.2007 17:28 PM
Michael Kaulfuss Offline
GPLRacer Admin

13_cool RE: Press conference & driver interviews - Le Mans
Die Bad Homburger Woche hat Kauli zum Interview gehabt
und ihm einige Fragen gestellt:

HW:
  • Wie war das qualli ? da ist ja so einiges schief gegangen, Es soll sogar
    das Qualli wiederholt worden sein durch Deine Schuld?
Kauli:
  • Naja das qualli lief gar nicht gut, ich hatte zum viel Blei am Fuss
    und da bin ich über die Wiese gerauscht um dann einzuschlagen.
    ich wollte den Truck rufen und auf einmal war das Qualli aus ...
HW:
  • Aber Du wars dann mal kurz weg und im Fahrerlager dachte man, Du flüchtest.....?
    Aber im Rennen dann als 8. los wie war das Rennen?
Kauli:
  • Wie flüchten?... Hätt ich das gemacht wäre ich mit Schimpf und Schande über Lemans gejagt worden ...:)
    Das Rennen war Oberklasse Am start war ich nervös wir lange nicht mehr
    so das ich noch jemanden gerempelt habe, ist aber nix passiert hoffe ich und nochmals sorry weil ich nicht weiss , wen ich da traf.
    Beim ersten Pitstop war alles klasse, das Team war superfix und hat mich nach 17 sek. wieder losgeschickt ..supi
    Ich hatte mich auch an Uli rangetastet aber ich war wohl zu forsch am Fuss
    und der Jaguar drehte sich weg , aber keinen Einschlag gehabt...puhha
    Aber es ging weiter , gottlob ich hab derart geschwitzt... noch 8 Rd .
    letzter Pitstop... ich rein in die Box schnell getankt Reifen neu rauf
    und die Jungs hämmern mir das Auto hinten etwas platter das hat gerummst .... 26 sek oder 36 ?
    jedenfalls echt lange stand ich da als es wieder hiess GO GO GO....
    raus und meine letzten Rd abgespult und immer ein Auge zu Frank der teilweise immer recht nah ran kam .......
    Gentlemen ich dank Euch für das schöne , faire Rennen .supi
HW:
  • Gratulation zum 6. Platz und vielen dank für das Gespräch
Kauli:
  • Ich danke auch und ich hoffe das nächste Rennen wird auch mal wieder so ein Erfolg
gruss
KauliWinken
25.06.2007 19:05 PM