RaceSimLegends.eu » Grand Prix Legends » RSL Historic F1 Championship » Information » 15. Lauf RSL Historic F1 Championship - Lime Rock Park Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15. Lauf RSL Historic F1 Championship - Lime Rock Park
Jeroen Goedhart Offline
Factory Driver

RE:  15. Lauf "RSL Historics F1 Championship" Lime Rock Park
ACHIM KRAFT Wrote:Hi Jeroen !

This action with reduce speed just before the line looks nice, but kill 5 (half field) drivers at the end of the field.

Greetings from one of the victims without any chance to follow your given tipp for lines. aerks

Achim

Achim,

i checked the replay, and till wolfgangs position there was a gap where 2 cars could easlily fit in. Please check the replay.
Furthermore i can that the crash where you were involved was before i even touched the brake.
Sorry, but i am not responsible for the crashes behind wolfgang.

Please dont judge too early
24.09.2007 23:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wolfgang Buthe Offline
GPL Admin

RE:   15. Lauf "RSL Historics F1 Championship" Lime Rock Park
Jeroen Goedhart Wrote:
ACHIM KRAFT Wrote:Hi Jeroen !

This action with reduce speed just before the line looks nice, but kill 5 (half field) drivers at the end of the field.

Greetings from one of the victims without any chance to follow your given tipp for lines. aerks

Achim

Achim,

i checked the replay, and till wolfgangs position there was a gap where 2 cars could easlily fit in. Please check the replay.
Furthermore i can that the crash where you were involved was before i even touched the brake.
Sorry, but i am not responsible for the crashes behind wolfgang.

Please dont judge too early

Do I understand it right,that I should be responsible for the start crash ?

We have Pacelap starts to prevent us from frustrating crashes, to let everybody come into the race.

Jeroen , it is not forbidden to slow down Your pace a few metres before the S/F, but , seriously, very strange.
Everybody has to keep a save gap in any situation of a race, but we all know how things are going on short before a flying start.

It's a fact that You did slow down when everybody thought the race starts. You have the right , as a polesitter to accelerate when ever You like , but braking when the whole grid is especting the racestart is hard to understand.

Anyway, the polesitter sets the pace until the S/F is crossed and
this is not against the rules !
The drivers behind where surprised by a strange start-strategie and I understand that they are angry. But the reason for the crash was too less gap between some ( surprised) drivers. Good to have a "start shiftR".

We should change the rules in this point.
The polesitter has the right to accelerate when ever he wants , but in the future it will be forbidden to slow down during the start prozedure. A flying start should be a flying start !

SHort before the Lime race starts I remembered a similar situation some Years ago in lime. A race with 67 cars zwinker.
It was very harsh to see how many accidents we had on this little track. I thought I should give a special warning before we started the pacelap, but then I realized , we are in 65 cars . It shouldnt be necessary to remember You to be very carefull on this tricky circuit. My error !

On the other hand , nothing is perfect and we shouldnt offence each other. My experience after lots of GPL races is that every new race will show You new situations to enlarge Your experiences.

Cheers,

Wolfgang.

"Man spürt es, wenn man nach langer Fahrt von der Landstraße abbiegt und den schwarzen Asphalt des Ringes unter den Reifen hat; da ist irgend etwas anders !"

Wolfgang Graf Berghe von Trips
25.09.2007 00:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jeroen Goedhart Offline
Factory Driver

RE:    15. Lauf "RSL Historics F1 Championship" Lime Rock Park
Wolfgang Buthe Wrote:Do I understand it right,that I should be responsible for the start crash ?

We have Pacelap starts to prevent us from frustrating crashes, to let everybody come into the race.

Anyway, the polesitter sets the pace until the S/F is crossed and
this is not against the rules !
The drivers behind where surprised by a strange start-strategie and I understand that they are angry. But the reason for the crash was too less gap between some ( surprised) drivers. Good to have a "start shiftR".

We should change the rules in this point.
The polesitter has the right to accelerate when ever he wants , but in the future it will be forbidden to slow down during the start prozedure. A flying start should be a flying start !

On the other hand , nothing is perfect and we shouldnt offence each other. My experience after lots of GPL races is that every new race will show You new situations to enlarge Your experiences.

Cheers,

Wolfgang.

Wolfgang, i didnt say that you created the startcrash. the only thing i have noticed is that the crash occured behind you.

Also what is strange that the crash occured before i slowed down.
I showed the replay several times to a friend of mine who has no racing expirience whatosoever, and we watched it from several angles.  From behind the field ( Achim ) till my gearbox. From your position as well as from your gearbox view.  His judgement was the same as mine. It was not my fault.
I agree, next time i will not step on the brake anymore, even when it is gently. muffel  But we are racing, and we are not in a sissy club. Look at real races. Schumacher did such an action with Hamilton or Button a few years ago during a restart at monza before the parabolica.. Ok, i am not schumi, but i have learned a few tricks as well.  I just wanted to create a small gap towards the 2nd position ( Antoine ). Thats it. Again, the crash happened BEFORE i slowed down.
Accept that racing is sometimes on the limit. Also you have to be aware that due to the collision model from gpl you have to create yourself a little bit of distance, specially at the start even when it is a flying one. At least position yourself NEXT to the polesitter as you did as well. I think its very good to ammend the rules in this so that next time there are no misunderstandings.

Regarding the accident on lap 28 i can clearly see that it was a misjudgement and i already apologized for it. Also per PM towards Primo.
But if i am not to blame i will not take responsibility.
(This post was last modified: 25.09.2007 09:29 AM by Jeroen Goedhart.)
25.09.2007 09:24 AM
ivandjj Offline
Learner Driver

RE: 15. Lauf "RSL Historics F1 Championship" Lime Rock Park
i actually read the rules before i raced and they say that pace lap should be driven at around 100 kmh. and that we should speed up only after last turn. (speed up that is, not slow down)

well zwinker
pace lap was at all speeds between crawl and full speed.
after the last turn someone (or more of them) at front slowed down.

quote#
Rennstart : Der Start erfolgt nach Senken der
"Green Flag". In der ersten Runde führt der Polesetter das Feld in gemäßigtem Tempo (Tempolimit ca. 100 km/h!) zum fliegenden Start. Nach der letzten Kurve ist das Tempolimit aufgehoben, allerdings gilt bis zur S/F-Linie absolutes Überholverbot. (
#quote

am i reading the same rules as those about which wolfgang/jeroen talk? Kaffee
25.09.2007 21:12 PM
Wolfgang Buthe Offline
GPL Admin

To end this discussion I edited the rules for the pacelapstart.
After the last corner it is now forbidden to slow down the pace or brake.

http://www.racesimlegends.eu/board/showt...hp?tid=151

Wolfgang.

"Man spürt es, wenn man nach langer Fahrt von der Landstraße abbiegt und den schwarzen Asphalt des Ringes unter den Reifen hat; da ist irgend etwas anders !"

Wolfgang Graf Berghe von Trips
26.09.2007 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ivandjj Offline
Learner Driver

this is proof that real life is a mirror of virtual life Rofl2

The chain of events that led to Vettel hitting Webber
http://timesonline.typepad.com/formula_o...of-ev.html
04.10.2007 13:36 PM
Cadavre Offline
Rookie Driver

RE:  15. Lauf "RSL Historics F1 Championship" Lime Rock Park
ivandjj Wrote:The chain of events that led to Vettel hitting Webber
"This video is no longer available" nope
04.10.2007 17:19 PM
S.Beuchert Offline
Factory Driver

shy

Falscher thread

Gruß Swen

My GPL Rank
(This post was last modified: 05.10.2007 22:47 PM by S.Beuchert.)
05.10.2007 22:46 PM
S.Beuchert Offline
Factory Driver

Cadavre Wrote:
ivandjj Wrote:The chain of events that led to Vettel hitting Webber
"This video is no longer available" nope

But if I'm already here in this thread ( even if it is due to a mistake from me shy)

Here is the vidao available smile
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/2471084

Gruß Swen

My GPL Rank
05.10.2007 22:50 PM
Cadavre Offline
Rookie Driver

Cheers supi
06.10.2007 00:03 AM